iPhone Repair. Guam’s Only Authorized iPhone Service Provider
If your iPhone is giving you problems, as an Authorized iPhone Service Center, Marianas Electronics can help. From water damage, to cracked screens, to battery problems, to turning on, we can assist you with your needs. We provide warranty repairs on most iPhone models. Please visit our store or send us a message on Facebook for more information.
If your iPhone experiences water damage, turn off the phone completely and bring it in as soon as possible as corrosion starts occurring immediately. We offer a full water/liquid damage diagnostic service to see what your iPhone needs to get healthy and working like new again. We start with a thorough drying and cleaning of the iPhone — our technicians check each individual component for corrosion and water damage. Once this process is completed, we will contact you to let you know what needs to be replaced, as well as repair cost and turnaround time.
Is your iPhone acting weird? If the screen isn’t working properly, if there are sound problems, browser issues, or something else that needs fixing, our iPhone diagnostic services can figure out just what your device needs. And we’ll restore your iPhone to fully functioning again.
If your iPhone’s screen shatters, we can replace the glass. Or if your iPhone suffers LCD damage leading to a black screen, lines across the display or a screen that does not respond properly to touch or swipe gestures, we can also help fix those issues.
If your iPhone isn’t taking a charge or connecting to your computer the way it should, the charging port might need to be repaired or replaced.
An iPhone with a less-than trustworthy battery is a major problem. With our iPhone battery replacement service and everything in between, we have you and your iPhone covered!
Before you bring in your device
Follow these steps before you take your device to an Apple Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or carrier. If your device won’t turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iOS device.
- Have your Apple ID password ready. For some repairs, you’ll need your Apple ID password to erase your device and turn off Find My iPhone.*
- Bring your sales receipt (if possible), in case your service requires proof of purchase.
- Bring your device and any accessories that you need help with.
- Bring a form of personal identification, like a driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued ID.
- If you haven’t already, call to check whether you need an appointment before you come to the store. For example, schedule a Genius Bar reservation before you go to an Apple Store.